Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mickey Rourke channels Captain Haddock - Hilarity & Obscure Comic-book References Ensue



There is nothing that I can write about Mickey Rourke that has not already been written - the man is a certified genius. If he were born in the 1920's he and Hemingway would have leg-fucked Europe back into the dark ages and then killed some Nazis.

Below is a much more elegant recounting of Mickey Rourke doing an interview about Ironman 2 and how he thought that he would liven the party up via injecting a Cockatoo into the mix. That last sentence sounded dirtier than I meant it to - then again, I still think like a 13 year-old boy and can't say the word 'nipple' without giggling for 20 minutes.

Courtesy of Filmdrunk.com (props for the future cease and desist order for shamelessly ripping you off):

"Mickey Rourke is the most hilariously candid person in Hollywood, the awesome uncle you never had. You can just see him bellying up to the bar and being like, “Make ya a deal, son, you buy us a drink and I’ll tell ya aaall about the trouble with the Orientals.” He recently talked Iron Man 2 and was awesome as usual:

Rourke, for his part, wanted to instill some lightness into the role. “I told Favreau, ‘I don’t want to just play him as a one-dimensional p—-,’” he says. “He let me have a cockatoo, who I talk to and get drunk with while I’m making my suit.” [EW via Cinematical]


I like to picture Mickey Rourke doing his lines, and then in the middle of a scene throwing down his script in disgust. “Aw hell, this crap’s too one dimensional! But I know how to fix it: Fetch me a fifth of bourbon, and a parrot!“ And they’ll do it. Because it’s Mickey Rourke. He can bring a tear to your eye, because you know you’ll be seeing not just a drunk Russian yelling at his parrot, but his humanity."

See? Wasn't reading that worth being an accessory after-the-fact? That website is certified gold, people! Now, I am off to play with my action-figure collection - It's been nigh-on a week since He-Man has had his way with the purple My Little Pony... I mean Barbie... No, wait. Fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment